Reach Falls Jamaica is located around 45 minutes from the town of Port Antonio on the eastern end of the island.
This waterfall attraction is well off the beaten path so you can expect little competition from the tourist crowds for your space.
Reach falls is one of those places that has not been affected by mass tourism in Jamaica. On some days, you will pretty much have the place to yourself.
Reach Falls is an unspoilt beauty set in a lush tropical jungle. It is located in a beautiful river valley in the foothills of the John Crow Mountains.
Reach falls is centred on a waterfall cascading down a rock face. Further upstream there are a smaller series of falls that lead into swimming pools.
The best way to see Reach Falls is to climb from the bottom below the main pool where the attraction starts. It is best to start at the bottom and explore far above the main pool to really experience Reach Falls.
This way you can stop and explore every little pool along the river route. Be prepared to spend some time exploring the falls.
The source of the falls is about three-quarters of a mile upstream from the main falls area. Further upstream there is also a cave that features a natural waterfall inside.
Don’t forget to enjoy the small cascades known as the “mini Jacuzzis” if you want to enjoy a natural massage.
Port Antonio is one of the most beautiful parts of Jamaica. Imagine a series of beautiful mountains that form a backdrop for the Caribbean sea.
A few nearby attractions are Boston Jerk Centre, Winnifred Beach, Rafting on the Rio Grande, Sommerset Falls, Frenchmans Cove and the Blue Lagoon.
Due to the mountains nearby you can go hiking, bird watching or caving.
Interesting Facts about Reach Falls
- Did you know Reach Falls has over 23 variety of ferns
- Reach Falls was featured in the Tom Cruise movie Cocktails and the remake of the Lord of the Rings
- Reach Falls is home to a large variety of birds, including the black, and yellow-billed parrots
What to Bring
- Credit Card/ and Cash to pay guides
Reach Falls Jamaica Tips
- Bring Mosquito repellent
- Bring water shoes
- Avoid on Public Holidays, it tends to get a bit crowded
- If you are travelling with toddlers this is good waterfall to visit. It’s more appropriate for children than say a waterfall like Dunns River Falls.
- You can rent waters hoes on the premises
Information about Reach Falls Jamaica
- There is a small shop on premises that sells souvenirs
- Distance from Ocho Rios – 2 hours and 45 minutes
- Distance from Montego Bay – 4 hours and 45 minutes
- Distance from Kingston – 2 hours
- Reach Falls Jamaica Opening Hours – Wednesday – Sunday, 8:30 pm – 4:30 pm
- Reach Falls Jamaica Prices (Non- residents) – Adults US $10 , Children (4years – 11 years) – US $5
- Reach Falls Jamaica Prices (Residents) – Adults $500, Children (4 years – 11 years) – $250
- Reach Falls Contact Information – 876-276-8663
Do you want information on attractions, travel deals and events in Jamaica?
Join Our mailing list!